Spike Nard Oil
- Refractive Index: 1.507
- Specific Gravity: 0.958
- Color: Golden yellow to greenish color slightly viscous liquid.
- Botanical Name: Nardostachys (Spikenard)
- Botanical family: Valeri Anaceae
- Extraction process: Steam distillation
- Plant Part: Rhizome / Dried Root
- Aromatic Scent: Spikenard Essential Oil has an earthy, harsh wood like smell that is slightly musty
"Jatamansi Oil Brown": is obtained by the steam distillation of roots of Nardostachys (Spikenard) (Fam: Valeri Araceae). Procurement of raw material is around 5200 feet.Description & Extraction:
Spikenard is a tender aromatic herb with a pungent rhizome root and native to the mountainous regions of northern India, as well as China and Japan. Spikenard oil has a warm, misty, heavy aroma, is pale yellow in color and medium in viscosity. Spikenard oil is extracted from Nardostachys jatamansi of the Valerianaceae family and is also known as "false" Indian valerian root. Spikenard oil is extracted from the crushed and dried rhizome of the herb by steam distillation and yields 1-3%.Blends well with:
Spikenard essential oils blend well with one another, Spikenard oil blends particularly well with Lavender, Lemon, Clary sage, Neroli, Patchouli and Vetiver.Chemical Composition:
The main chemical components are bornyl acetate, valeranone, jonon,tetramenthyloxatricylodecanol, menthylthymyl-ether, and 1,8-cineol.Toxicological Properties:
spikenard oil is anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, antiseptic, calmative, laxative and tonic.Uses & Precautions:
- Spikenard oil can be effective for tension, stress, migraine, nervous indigestion and insomnia.
- It seems to have rejuvenating qualities especially for the mature skin, and can help with allergies, skin inflammations and rashes.Vapor therapy or used in the bath
In vapor therapy or diluted in the bath Spikenard oil can help with tension, stress, and insomnia. Blended massage oil
As a blended massage oil, Spikenard oil can assist with tension, stress, migraine, and insomnia.
- Spikenard oil has no known contra-indications, but care should be taken as with all oils.
It is one of the early aromatics used by the ancient Egyptians and is mentioned in the Bible, in Song of Solomon, and in the Book of John where Mary used it to anoint the feet of Jesus. It was used by wealthy Roman women in perfumes and beauty preparations.Shipping Options:
We have shipping our goods by Air as well as Sea and also shipping i.e. DHL, Fedex, UPS, TNT, & EMS.
|Colour||Pale Green to Olive Brown colour|
|Odour||The odour is distinct Musky animal type note. High tenacity odour with slightly sweeter. The flavour of oil is warm-spicy root like in sweetness pine wood like & slightly bitter burning powerful.|
|Botanical Source||Nardostachys (Fam: Valeri Anaceae)|
|Solubility||Soluble in Alcohol and other organics solvents.|
|Use||Perfumery Compounds, Some extant in Medicinal & widely used in Hair oil.|