- Botanical Name: Lameaceae
- Appearance: Pale yellow liquid
- Relative Density: 0.8760 - 0.8950
- Refractive Index: 1.4570 - 1.4640
- Miscibility: Soluble in 3 volumes of 70% (V/V) ethanol with clear liquid
- Acid Value: 1
- Optical Rotation: -12 to - 60 Degree C
is one of the most favorite essential oils, as it has wonderful qualities and also smells great. It is a calming, relaxing oil, which combats stress and crisis, while the antiseptic properties help with cold, flu and other ailments. It is excellent for asthma and migraines. Apart from that, it supports female health and on the skin, it has a healing effect, while preventing scarring and balancing the skin. Lavender oil is extracted from Lavandula angustifolia (also known as Lavandula. officinalis, spica, and vera), of the Lamiaceae (Labiatae) family. It is also known as garden, common or English lavender. Lavender oil is extracted from the flowering tops by steam distillation and yields 1.4 % - 1.6 %.Blends well with:
Lavender essential oils blend well with one another, lavender oil blends particularly well with cedarwood, clary sage, geranium, pine, nutmeg, and all the citrus oils.Chemical Composition:
The main chemical components of the lavender oil are a-pinene, Limonene, 1,8-cineole, cis-ocimene, trans-ocimene, 3-octane, camphor, linalool, linalyl acetate, caryophyllene, terpinen-4-ol, and lavendulyl acetate.Toxicological Properties:
therapeutic properties of lavender oil are antiseptic, analgesic, anti-convulsant, anti-depressant, anti-rheumatic, anti-spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, antiviral, bactericide, carminative, cholagogue, cicatrisant, cordial, cytophylactic, decongestant, deodorant, diuretic, emmenagogue, hypotensive, nervine, rubefacient, , sudorific and vulnerary.Uses & Precautions:
- Lavender oil has a soothing and calming effect on the nerves, relieving tension, depression, panic, hysteria and nervous exhaustion in general and is effective for headaches, migraines, and insomnia.
- It is also very beneficial for problems such as bronchitis, asthma, colds, laryngitis, halitosis, throat infections, and whooping cough and helps the digestive system deal with colic, nausea, vomiting, and flatulence.
- Lavender oil relieves pain when used for rheumatism, arthritis, lumbago and muscular aches and pains, especially those associated with the sport.
- On the skin, lavender oil tones and revitalizes and it is useful for all types of skin problems such as abscesses, acne, oily skin, boils, burns, sunburn, wounds, psoriasis, lice, insect bites, stings and also acts as an insect repellent.
- Although lavender oil is considered one of the safest essential oils, you should discontinue use is you have any allergic reactions.
it is useful for the digestive system, the respiratory tract and skin problems, it also helps with muscle aches and pains and arthritis and rheumatism.
Burners and vaporizers
In vapor therapy, lavender oil can be useful for allergies, anorexia, dizziness, sleeplessness (also in children), hay fever, headaches, depression, trauma, anxiety, hysteria, fear, nightmares, irritability, nervous tension and as an insect repellant. Apart from that it can assist to lift depression, help in crisis situations, sooth irritability and relieve stress and thereby help with tense muscles and muscle spasms.
Blended massage oil or in the bath
Lavender oil can be used as a massage oil or diluted in the bath, for abdominal pains, allergies, anorexia, arthritis, bowel disorders, fatigue, hay fever, headaches, insomnia, moodiness, trauma, anxiety, depression, hysteria, nightmares, fear, irritability, nervous tension, stress and just for the plain pleasure of relaxing in such a fragrant surrounding.Shipping Options:
We have shipping our goods by Air as well as Sea and also shipping i.e. DHL, Fedex, UPS, TNT, & EMS.