- Appearance: Light yellow to yellow volatile oils with a strong characteristic lasting gas
- Relative Density: 0.965 - 0.980
- Refractive Index: 1.500 - 1.510
- Optical Rotation: -15 to -20 deg
- Solubility: Soluble in the ethanol
- Santalol: 90 %
is an evergreen, parasitic tree that burrows its roots into other trees. It can grow up to 9 meters (30 feet) high and has a brown-gray trunk, many smooth slender branches, leathery leaves, and small pink-purple flowers. It can take thirty to sixty years for a tree to reach full maturity when it is cut and distilled and the yellowish wood is sold in thin scrapings. It is agreed that the best sandalwood oil is from Mysore in India. The oil has a woody, exotic smell, subtle and lingering and the color is pale yellow to pale gold. Our essential oil contains 90% santalol - making it a very superior sandalwood oil. Sandalwood oil is from India and extracted from Santalum album of the Santalaceae family and is also known as East Indian sandalwood, santal, Saunders, and sandalwood Mysore. Sandalwood oil is extracted from the chipped heartwood by steam distillation and yields 4 - 6. 5 %. Blends well with:
sandalwood essential oils blend well with one another, sandalwood oil blends particularly well with bergamot, black pepper, geranium, lavender, myrrh, rose, vetiver and ylang-ylang. Chemical composition:
the main chemical components are santalol, santyl acetate and santalene. Our essential oil contains 90% santalol.Toxicological Properties:
Sandalwood oil are antiphlogistic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, astringent, carminative, diuretic, emollient, expectorant and tonic.Uses & Precautions:
- This relaxing oil has a harmonizing and calming effect which reduces tension and confusion and is ideal for use in depression, hectic daily lifestyles, and states of fear, stress, nervous exhaustion, chronic illness, and anxiety.
- It is very useful for any chest complaints as it has a pronounced effect on the mucous membranes of both the pulmonary as well as genito-urinary tract - making it very effective for complaints of the urinary tract as well.
- It is considered a non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing oil.
Sandalwood oil can be helpful for the nervous system, for chest and urinary tract infections, for many other problems and for skin care.
Burners and vaporizers
In vapor therapy, sandalwood oil can be used for its aphrodisiaceffect, help clear bronchitis, coughs, chest infections, asthma, insomnia, irritability, nervous tension, stress, tension, for relaxing and as an insect repellant.
Blended massage oil or in the bath
As a blended massage oil or diluted in the bath, sandalwood oil can assist with bladder infections as well as chest infections and bronchitis, coughs, dry eczema, insomnia, forming scar tissue, irritability, nervous tension, stress, tension, as anaphrodisiac and for relaxing.Shipping Options:
We have shipping our goods by Air as well as Sea and also shipping i.e. DHL, FedEx, UPS, TNT, & EMS.
"Sandal Wood Oil" is obtained by steam distillation from the roots and heartwood of the tree called Santalum Album Linne (Fam: Santalaceae)