- Herb height: 50 cm
- Extracted from: Cuminum cyminum
- Blends with: Angelica, Caraway and Chamomile.
- Compsition: Cuminic, Cymene, Dipentene, Limonene, Phellandrene and pinene.
- Oil nature: Warm oil
- CAS No: 8014-13-9
- FEMA No: 2343
Originally from the Mediterranean area, Cumin Seed Oil
is a small annual herb about 50cm ( 20 inches) high, with deep green, narrow feathery leaves and tiny white or pink flowers, followed by small oblong seeds. Known since Biblical times, it is mainly used for its digestive properties. The Egyptians used it for headaches. Cumin essential oil is extracted from Cuminum cyminum (also known as C. odorum) of the Apiaceae (Umbelliferae) family and is also known as cumin and Roman caraway. Cumin oil is extracted by steam distillation from the ripe seed.Toxicological Properties:
Cumin oil are antiseptic, anti-spasmodic, antitoxic, bactericidal, carminative, digestive, diuretic, emmenagogue, nervine, stimulant and tonic. It has a spicy and very penetrating smell.Uses & Precautions:
- Cumin is useful as a warming oil and helps relieve muscular pains and osteoarthritis.
- In the digestive system, it is a stimulant that helps with colic, dyspepsia, flatulence, bloating and indigestion.
- For the nervous system, it is a tonic and has a beneficial effect on headaches, migraine, and nervous exhaustion.
- Cumin has an overpowering smell and should be used very sparingly, yet it is considered non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing. It does have photo-toxic qualities, so should not be used when the skin will be exposed to sunlight.
- People with a sensitive skin should avoid it and it should be avoided during pregnancy.
Cumin oil aids the digestive system is helpful for the nervous system as a tonic and relieves muscular aches and pains.
Burners and vaporizers
In vapor therapy, cumin oil can be useful for the digestive, nervous and muscular systems.Shipping Options:
We have shipping our goods by Air as well as Sea and also shipping i.e. DHL, FedEx, UPS, TNT, & EMS.
|Product||Cumin Seed Oil|
|Lot No||. As Mentioned On the label|
|Manufacturing Date||May 2010|
|Best Before||May 2012 (Please follow standard storage conditions for better shelf life)|
|Colour||Pale Yellow to Brownish liquid displaying a Greenish Tint|
|Odor||The odor is extremely Powerful, Diffusive Green Spicy slightly Fatty, Soft & Mellow|
|Botanical Source||Cuminum Cyminum Linne (Fam: Umbelliferae)|
|Specific Gravity||0.905 -0.925|
|Refractive Index||1.5010 - 1.5060|
|Optical Rotation||+3o To +8o|
|Total Assay||30% (Cuminic Aldehyde)|