Family: CupressaceaeDescription & Extraction:
- Botanical Name: Cedrus
- Family: Cupressaceae
- Extracted from: Juniperus virginiana
- Extraction process: Steam distillation
- Extraction yeild: 35 %
- CAS No: 8000-27-9
Cedarwood essential oil is extracted from Juniperus virginiana of the Cupressaceae family. It is also known as Virginian, red, eastern red or southern red cedar, as well as Bedford cedar wood. This clean smelling, balsamic oil does not only help calm and balance energy but also promotes spirituality while helping to clear the respiratory system of excess phlegm and catarrh. It sorts out urinary tract infections, as well as bladder and kidney disorders while improving oily skin and clearing up dandruff. Wood chips and sawdust are subjected to steam distillation to extract the oil and the yield is about 35 %. It blends well with benzoin, bergamot, cinnamon, cypress, frankincense, jasmine, juniper, lavender, lemon, neroli, rose and rosemary.Chemical Components:
The main chemical components of cedarwood oil are a-cedrene, b-cedrene, thujopsene, other sesquiterpenes, cedrol, and widdrol.Toxicological Properties:
Cedarwood oil is antiseborrhoeic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, tonic, astringent, diuretic, emmenagogue, expectorant, insecticide and fungicide.Uses & Precaution:
- Cedarwood oil benefits the skin by its sedating ability which relieves itching. Its astringent action is great for acne, oily skin, as well as for hair and dandruff. It helps with chest and urinary infections act as a general tonic and have a pronounced effect on mucous membranes.
- It has a calming and soothing effect on the mind and is of great help in conditions associated with anxiety and nervous tension. It is also of value in cases of arthritis and rheumatism.
- In high concentration, cedarwood oil may irritate the skin and it should be avoided in pregnancy.
We have shipping our goods by Air as well as Sea and also shipping i.e. DHL, FedEx, UPS, TNT, & EMS.
|Product||Cedar Wood Oil|
|Lot No||As Mentioned On Label|
|Manufactured Date||Feb 2010|
|Best Before||Feb 2012|
|Colour||Yellowish to Brown Yellow (When crude)|
|Odor||The odor is somewhat Viscous & of rich Sweet Woody almost Balsamic & having the characteristic odor of Cedar Wood.|
|Botanical Source||Cedrus Deodara|
|Solubility||Soluble in Alcohol and other Organics solvents & insoluble in water.|
|Use||It is used in Perfumery Compounds, Soap Compounds, some extent in Pharmaceuticals.|