- Botanical Name : Origanum hortensis
- Storage Conditions: To be kept in closed container, in a dark, fresh & dry place
- Family: Labiatae
- Method of Extraction: Steam Distilled
- Color and Appearance: Colorless or pale Yellow
- Odor: Slightly spicy / Warm
- Refractive Index: 1.460 - 1.470
- Flash Point: 124 deg F
- Specific Gravity: 0.89 - 0.92
- Solubility: Soluble in alcohol and oils, Insoluble in Water
has a warm, slightly spicy smell and is colorless to pale yellow/amber in color. This oil has value when used for asthma and other respiratory complaints and has a calming action on emotions. It helps hyperactive people calm down while boosting circulation. Marjoram oil is extracted from origanum marjorana (also known as Origanum hortensis) of thelabiatae family and is also known as knotted marjoram. Marjoram oil is extracted from the fresh and dried leaves and flowering tops of the plant by steam distillation and yields 0.5 - 3 %.Blends well with:
Marjoram essential oils blend well with one another, marjoram oil blends particularly well with lavender, cypress, cedarwood, chamomile, bergamot, eucalyptus and tea tree.Chemical Composition:
The main chemical constituents are sabinene, a-terpinene, y-terpinene, p-cymene, terpinolene, Linalool, cis-sabinene hydrate, linalyl acetate, terpinen-4-ol and y-terpineol.b.Toxicological Properties:
Marjoram oil are analgesic, anti-spasmodic, anaphrodisiac, antiseptic, antiviral, bactericidal, carminative, cephalic, cordial, diaphoretic, digestive, diuretic, emmenagogue, expectorant, fungicidal, hypotensive, laxative, nervine,, stomachic, vasodilator and vulnerary.Uses & Precautions:
- Marjoram oil has a warming action and calms emotions, relieves anxiety as well as stress and helps to calm hyperactive people.
- It has good muscle relaxant properties and the pain killing properties are useful for rheumatic pains as well as sprains, strains, and spasms, as well as swollen joints and painful muscles.
- It soothes the digestive system and helps with cramps, indigestion, constipation, and flatulence and has a beneficial action on colds, sinusitis, bronchitis, and asthma. Marjoram oil is non-toxic, non-irritant and non-sensitizing but should not be used during pregnancy.
Marjoram oil can be beneficial in cases of nervous tension, respiratory congestion, painful muscles and joints, digestive problems and menstrual disorders.
Burners and vaporizers
In vapor therapy, marjoram oil can be used for asthma, bronchitis, poor circulation, coughs, physical exhaustion, headaches, tension, insomnia, sinusitis, anxiety, nervous tension, and stress.
Blended massage oil or in the bath
As a blended massage oil or diluted in the bath, marjoram oil can be used for asthma, arthritis, back pain, bronchitis, poor circulation, colds, coughs, detoxification, physical exhaustion, fatigue, headaches, tension, heartburn, insomnia, painful periods, migraine, muscular pains and spasms, rheumatism, sinusitis, anxiety, stress and grief.Shipping Options:
We have shipping our goods by Air as well as Sea and also shipping i.e. DHL, FedEx, UPS, TNT, & EMS.
|Lot No||As mentioned on Label|
|Manufacturing Date||As mentioned on Label|
|Best Before||As mentioned on Label|
|Colour||Yellow or Greenish color|
|Odor||The odor is having a Spicy Aromatic Camphoraceous & Woody odor reminiscent of Nutmeg & Cardamom. The flavor is Spicy Warm Aromatic & somewhat bitter.|
|Specific Gravity||0.890 -0.906|
|Refractive Index||1.4700 - 1.4750|
|Optical Rotation||+4Â° To +24Â°|