Description & Extraction:
- Botanical Name: Geraniol
- Family: Rutaceae
- Another name: Orange blossom
- Extracted from: Citrus aurantium var. amara
- Extraction process: Steam distillation
- Yields: 0.8 - 1 %
It is also known as 'orange blossom' and it takes about 1000 lbs. of orange blossoms to make 1 lb. of neroli oil. The name Neroli Oil
is said to have originated from the Italian princess, anne-marie de la tremoille (Countess of Nerola) who used the oil as a perfume and to scent her bathwater and gloves. It is still an ingredient for making traditional smelling eau-de-cologne. Orange petals are often associated with marriage, purity and brides, as brides traditionally wore orange buds in their hair. Neroli oil is extracted from the flowers of Citrus aurantium var. amara (also known as Citrus vulgaris and C. Bigardia) of the Rutaceae family and is also known as orange flower and Neroli bigarade. Neroli oil is extracted from the small, white, waxy flowers of the bitter-orange tree by steam distillation and yields 0.8 - 1 %.Blends well with:
Neroli oils blend well together, neroli oil blends particularly well with benzoin, geranium, jasmine, lavender, all the citrus oils, sandalwood, rosemary and ylang-ylang. Chemical Composition:
The main chemical components of neroli oil are a-pinene, camphene, b-pinene, a-terpinene, nerol, neryl acetate, farnesol, linalool, nerolidol, linalyl acetate, methyl anthranilate and indole.Toxicological Properties:
Neroli oil are antidepressant, antiseptic, anti-infectious, antispasmodic, aphrodisiacbactericidal, carminative, cicatrisant, cytophylactic, cordial, deodorant, digestive, emollient, and tonic. Neroli Oil is not only has great therapeutic properties, but also has the most incredible smell. It has a greatly relaxing effect on the body and mind, relieving muscle spasms, calming heart palpitations and has a wonderful rejuvenating and regenerative effect on the skin, helping to prevent ugly scarring and fighting stretch marks.Uses & Precautions:
- Neroli oil is very relaxing and can relieve chronic anxiety, depression, fear, shock and stress and its calming effect can also be beneficial to the digestive tract.
- It can be used for intestinal spasms, colitis and diarrhea.
- It helps insomnia, and as one of the essential oils with the mostsedative effects is useful for treating depression, anxiety and shock and is also effective in calming heart palpitations, treating headaches, neuralgia and vertigo. It can help when a patient is convalescing and is a good general tonic.
- Neroli oil is non-toxic, non-sensitizing, non-irritant and non-phototoxic yet must be used sparingly when a sharp clear head is needed, as it can be very relaxing.
Neroli oil not only smells exquisite, but can also relax and calm the nervous system, the digestive tract and is helpful in skin care.
Burners and vaporizers
As vapor therapy, neroli oil is useful for insomnia, nervous tension, headaches, vertigo, depression, as well as anxiety and shock.Blended massage oil or in the bath
As a blended massage oil or diluted in the bath it helps with insomnia, headaches, neuralgia, nervous tension, heart palpitations, anxiety, depression, colitis, stomach upsets and diarrhea and for boosting the skin.Shipping Options:
We have shipping our goods by Air as well as Sea and also shipping i.e. DHL, Fedex, UPS, TNT, & EMS.