- Botanical name: Citrus paradisi
- Family: Rutaceae
- Appearance: Pale yellow liquid
- Relative Density: 0.8760 - 0.8950
- Refractive Index: 1.4570 - 1.4640
- Miscibility: Soluble in 3 volumes of 70% (V/V) ethanol with clear liquid
- Acid Value: 1
- Optical Rotation: -12 to -6 deg C
is extracted from Citrus paradisi (also known as Citrus racemosa and C. maxima var. racemosa) from the Rutaceae family and is also known as shaddock. Grape fruit oil is useful for more than just fighting cellulite and boosting your lymphatic system - it positively affects your mood and revives the mind while stimulating the digestive system and clearing up congested oily skin and acne. Grapefruit oil is extracted from the fresh peel by cold compression and yields 0.5 - 1 %.Blends well with:
Grape fruit oils blend well together, grapefruit essential oil blends particularly well with bergamot, lavender, geranium, palma rosa, and frankincense. Chemical Composition:
The main chemical components are a-pinene, sabinene, myrcene, limonene, , Linalool, citronellal, decyl acetate, neryl acetate, and terpinen-4-ol.Toxicological Properties:
Grapefruit essential oil has a sharp refreshing smell and is either a pale yellow or light ruby color with a watery viscosity. Like all citrus oils, grapefruit oil should be used within six months of purchase. Some of the therapeutic properties of grapefruit oil are antidepressant, antiseptic, aperitif, diuretic, disinfectant, lymphatic stimulant, tonic and anti-infectious.Uses & Precautions:
- Grapefruit has a high vitamin C content and is therefore valuable to the immune system.
- It helps protect against colds and flu, has a very positive effect on obesity and also has diuretic properties, helping to remove excess water from the body and is therefore also great for treating cellulite.
- It has an uplifting effect on the mood and helps with stress and depression. It is used with great success to combat muscle fatigue and stiffness while stimulating the lymphatic system and thereby clearing the body of toxins.
- It helps to clear congested oily skin and also assists with acne while toning the skin and tissues. Grapefruit is used in hair care to promote hair growth.
- Grapefruit oil is non-toxic, non-irritant, non-sensitizing and although listed as non-phototoxic, it can irritate the skin if exposed to strong sunlight after treatment.
This refreshing oil helps to boost digestion, benefits the immune system by helping to clear the lymphatic system, helps with skin problems, and can be used for muscle stiffness, water retention and for bolstering the nervous system.
Burners and vaporizers
In vapor therapy, grapefruit oil can be used for hangovers, headaches, over indulgence, mental exhaustion, and depression.
Blended massage oil or in the bath
Grapefruit oil can be used in a blended massage oil or may be diluted in the bath to assist with cellulite, colds, and flu, lack of energy, jet lag, muscle fatigue, overweight, headaches, moodiness, and mental and physical tiredness. Shipping Options:
We have shipping our goods by Air as well as Sea and also shipping i.e. DHL, FedEx, UPS, TNT, & EMS.