Description & extraction:
- Refractive Index: 1.527 to 1.535 (1.530)
- Extracted from: Eugenia caryophyllata
- Blends well with: Basil, Benzoin, Cinnamon, Lavender, Ginger, Sandalwood and clary sage
- Chemical composition: Eugenol, Eugenol acetate, Iso-eugenol and Caryophyllene
- Extracted process: Water distillation
- Special use: Aromatherapy
A native of indonesia and the malacca islands, it is an evergreen tree that grows to about 10 meters (30 feet) tall and has bright green leaves and nail-shaped rose-peach flower buds which turn, upon drying, a deep red brown. These are beaten from the tree and dried. The latin word 'clavus' means nail shaped, referring to the bud. Clove essential oil is extracted from eugenia caryophyllata (also known as syzygium aromaticum, eugenia aromatica, e. Carophyllus) of the myrtaceae family. Clove oil is a very potent oil that should be used with great care in aromatherapy, it does have wonderful properties - from stimulating the mind and lifting depression, to aiding digestion, relieving pain in arthritis and rheumatism, easing respiratory problems and assisting leg ulcers. Clove oil can be extracted from the leaves, stem and buds. We sell clove leaf oil, which is extracted by water distillation, containing the desired lower percentage of eugenol. Toxicological Properties:
Clove oil are analgesic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, anti-neuralgic, carminative, anti-infectious, disinfectant, insecticide, stimulant, stomachic, uterine and tonic.Uses & Precautions:
- Clove oil can be used for acne, bruises, burns and cuts, keeping infection at bay and as a pain reliever. It helps with toothache, mouth sores, rheumatism and arthritis.
- It is beneficial to the digestive system, effective against vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, spasms and parasites, as well as bad breath.
- Clove oil is valuable for relieving respiratory problems, like bronchitis, asthma and tuberculosis. The disinfecting property is useful in cases of infectious diseases.
- Clove oil is a very potent oil and should be used with care. If it is used in a oil, lotion or cream applied to the skin, the concentration should be well below 1%.
- It may cause irritation to the skin of some individuals and can easily irritate the mucus membranes. It should be avoided during pregnancy.
Clove oil is useful for its disinfecting properties, relieving of pain, especially toothache, arthritis and rheumatism. It is effective when used for complaints of the digestion system. It is also of use for skin problems - especially for skin sores and leg ulcers and as an insect repellent.Burners and vaporizers
In vapor therapy, clove oil can be useful for bronchitis and dizziness and to help lift depression, while strengthening memory and fighting weakness and lethargy.Massage oil
Clove oil can be used in a blended massage oil to assist with diarrhea, bronchitis, chills, colds, muscular numbness, spasms, rheumatism and arthritis. For toothache the outer jaw can be massaged with this oil. Use a low dilution of less than 1%.Shipping Options:
We have shipping our goods by Air as well as Sea and also shipping i.e. DHL, Fedex, UPS, TNT, & EMS.
Physico Chemical Properties:-
|Product||Rectified Clove Oil|
|Lot No.||As Mentioned On Label|
|Manufactured Date||July. 2010|
|Best Before||July. 2012|
|Colour||Pale Yellow colour|
|Odour||Typical odor of Clove|
|Optical Rotation||0 to -1.5 (-1.2)|
|Refractive Index||1.527 to 1.535 (1.530)|
|Weight per ml.||1.038qm to 1.060qm (1.045)|
|Assay||82 %+ Eugenol (Complies by GC)|