Bay Essential Oil
- Appearance: Yellow to Claybank
- Odour: With a characteristic bay leaf hot aroma
- Relative density : 0.905 - 0.929
- Refractive index: 1.465 - 1.470
- Saponification value: 15 - 45
- Solubility : 1 ml soluble in 1 ml 80% alcohol
- Botanical name : Laurus nobilis
- Family: Luraceae
is extracted from the Laurus nobilis tree, of the Lauraceae family and is also known as sweet bay, laurel and Mediterranean bay. The leaves are collected from a tree that is at least 5 years old and is subjected to steam distillation (salt is often added or seawater used in the still). The extraction usually yields about 0. 5-1. 5%. Bay oil blends well with other oils including cedarwood, coriander, eucalyptus, geranium, ginger, juniper, lavender, lemon, orange, rose, rosemary, thyme, and ylang-ylang. Bay oil lies in its calming and warming effect on emotions and general aches and pains, including rheumatic pains. It also settles the digestive system, excess gas and also acts as a tonic on the liver and kidneys. In small amounts, it has a stimulating effect, while larger doses produce an effect. Bay essential oil is also helpful with hair and scalp conditions and is mostly used to combat hair loss and is used with success in treating sprains, strains, and bruises. Chemical components:
the chemical composition of bay oil includes; a-pinene, b-pinene, myrcene, limonene, linalool, methyl chavicol, neural, a-terpineol, geranyl acetate, eugenol, and chavicol. Toxicological properties:
bay oils may cause liver toxicity, but this is unlikely to be due to skin absorption, as in massage. Uses & precaution:
- Bay oil can be used in the treatment of rheumatism, neuralgia, muscular pain, circulation problems, colds, flu, dental infection, hair growth, general health of the scalp, diarrhea and skin infections.
- Bay oil has high eugenol content and may irritate the skin and mucous membranes, so it should be used with caution on the skin.
- Pregnant women should avoid it.
We have to ship our goods by air as well as sea and also shipping i. E. Dhl, FedEx, Ups, tent, & ems. Other Details: